Every batch of our products is tested by state-certified laboratories in accordance with California cannabis testing regulations to ensure quality, safety and potency. Before choosing a THC or CBD product, it is important to check your state laws to ensure that these products are legal where you live.
From oils and nasal sprays to lollipops and suppositories, it seems no place is too sacred for CBD. He is leading a clinical trial into administering CBD to children and teenagers with drug-resistant epilepsy.
One reason these measurements vary so much from lab to lab is that, currently, there are no reference materials for cannabis. The difference between marijuana and hemp is a matter of measurement. There are marked differences in how the federal government regulates THC and CBD. The FDA is currently weighing the best ways to monitor CBD products. While THC is still covered under the Controlled Substances Act , CBD was removed thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill. Now it is up to the FDA to decide how to regulate the sale of CBD products.
- The oral bioavailability of cannabidiol is approximately 6% in humans, while its bioavailability via inhalation is 11 to 45% (mean 31%).
- Researchers say this means that when high-CBD plants are grown to full maturity, farmers interested in producing hemp for CBD run the risk of their crop crossing over the federal, legal limit of 0.3% THC.
- A small clinical trial reported that CBD partially inhibited the CYP2C-catalyzed hydroxylation of THC to 11-OH-THC.
- A farmer’s crop can be destroyed based on that number, and interstate shipments can be seized.
- Products like pure CBD isolate have gone through a filtration process to strip out all non-CBD cannabinoids, including THC.
The efficacy may also be due to the synergetic or additive benefits of Δ9-THC and CBD rather than CBD alone. However, there is mixed evidence for the role of nabiximols in cannabis-related craving (Trigo et al., 2016a; Trigo et al., 2018; Trigo et al., 2016b).
More Pain Resources
CBD is the active ingredient in the approved drug product, Epidiolex. However, based on available evidence, FDA has concluded that none of these is the case for THC or CBD. Interested parties may present the agency with any evidence that they think has bearing on this issue.
A 2017 study published in the journal JAMA found that of 84 CBD products researchers bought online, 43% had more CBD than indicated, 26% had less, and some even had unexpected THC. There are only a handful of small studies showing that CBD can help you chill. One 2019 study of 72 adults with anxiety and poor sleep found that CBD helped alleviate both conditions within a month. The Westword may earn a portion of sales from products & services purchased through links on our site from our affiliate partners. Studies show that although THC gets most of the attention, these molecules all work together synergistically to create versatile, therapeutic benefits.